NEWS

  • Principle 9 – 16 Tips For Your Closed Guard

    By synergymma | In News | on September 1, 2007

    16 Tips For Your Closed Guard These are very important aspects of the closed guard to remember andpractice. These tips are especially helpful with no-gi. 1. Don’t Give Him Space. When having your opponent in closed guardyou don’t want to give him any space. Space for him means moreopportunities to work a pass. 2. Don’t […]

    CONTINUE READING
  • Exercises 9 – Grappling Drills

    By synergymma | In News | on September 1, 2007

    Grappling DrillsI think that grappling drills can serve an important function. Not everybody agrees with me about this: some people think that movement repetition outside the context of a resisting opponent is ‘dead’ training and a waste of time and energy. Sparring, they say, is a far better way to develop the movements and attributes […]

    CONTINUE READING
  • Article 9 – White Belt Around The Head

    By synergymma | In News | on September 1, 2007

    White Belt Around The HeadHumility can help you take new lessons from what seemed old When I started writing for GRACIE Magazine, my mind was open to every idea a possible topic. I have now been writing for this magazine for almost 6 years. People often ask how, month after month, I continue to come […]

    CONTINUE READING
  • Side Control – Octopus Escape to Backmount To view more of my videos please visit: http://youtube.com/nikohansbjj

    CONTINUE READING
  • Principle 8 – The 3rd Hand

    By synergymma | In News | on August 2, 2007

    The 3rd Hand Always use your forehead as your “3rd Hand”. Your forehead/head and spine always needs to be straight aligned in such a way that you cannot be flattened out and pinned. Instead, always use your forehead/head to control your opponent.

    CONTINUE READING
  • Exercise 8 – Grappling & MMA Circuit Training

    By synergymma | In News | on August 2, 2007

    Grappling & MMA Circuit Training When people think of conditioning they often imagine people doingcardio and strength training separately. In this paradigm you mightrun in the morning and then lift weights in the afternoon, or go liftweights for 45 minutes and then finish up with 15 minutes on thestairmaster. In today’s newsletter I want to […]

    CONTINUE READING
  • Article 8 – Ginástica Natural

    By synergymma | In News | on August 2, 2007

    Ginástica Natural Ginástica Natural combines the techniques of stretching, flexibility and respiration of hatha-yoga, the ground movements of jiu-jitsu, and the natural movements of the human body. Idealized by Alvaro Romano, it is a revolutionary method of physical conditioning that has an objective of developing physical qualities associated with motor and mental skills. Romano elaborated […]

    CONTINUE READING
  • Technique 7 – Mount – Armdrag to Backmount

    By synergymma | In News | on July 10, 2007

    Mount – Armdrag to Backmount To view more of my videos please visit: http://youtube.com/nikohansbjj

    CONTINUE READING
  • Principle 7 – Hip & Head

    By synergymma | In News | on July 10, 2007

    Hip & Head Never let your opponent control your hips and head. Instead, always control the hips and head of your opponent. Go heavy on the head! “Wherever the head goes, the body must follow.”

    CONTINUE READING
  • Exercise 7 – Caging The Hips

    By synergymma | In News | on July 10, 2007

    Caging The Hips It is a truism in BJJ that hip movement is the most important thing.“Boca” Oliveira, a de la Riva black belt, recently told me: “the hipsare 90% of jiu-jitsu, and position is the other 10%”. Mostinstructors would agree with the spirit of his statement, because thehips allow you to escape bad positions, […]

    CONTINUE READING
× WhatsApp